Wednesday, December 8, 2010

I made Pickles



Back in August, I went to the Farmer's Market with Fru and bought a big load of cukes to make into pickles. The same recipe my Grandma Hilda used to make and my mom too. Bread and Butter pickles. I was nervous because it was my first time, but they turned out GREAT! We tested a couple of jars to make sure we weren't going to poison our friends when we gave them as gifts. (Friends, you haven't gotten these yet, so turn away! Don't look!)




I also made a batch of "dill" pickles...not photo worthy. Let's not speak their names because....they are just....ew. I felt like Aunt B with her pickle fiasco. What do you do with 6 jars of nasty, disgusting, inedible pickles? My Uncle Bill says: "Throw them away". So in the composter they will go. Lesson learned with pickle making: Always follow a recipe, do not be creative with spices! It was so fun though, and next year I'll try another family recipe, Spice Pickles....yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment